September 11: Sam Cruz and Mary Lea Clark presenting Today I Feel Silly & Other Moods That Make My Day
October 9: Meeghan Binder presenting Recorder Improvisation, Fun For Everyone
February 5: Joyce Stephansky: TBD
April 2: Meg Tietz presenting Planning Programs With Purpose
All workshops, unless noted, will be held at Kaneland John Shields Elementary School; 85 S Main Street, Sugar Grove, IL
9:30 Registration, Workshops 10:00-1:00, CPDUs provided
Each workshop is $20 for members, $40 for non-members, free for undergraduate students with ID, Membership to FVOC is $40,
Special price: 4 workshops plus annual membership for $90 total
Contact us at email@example.com for more information
**Please note, workshops will be online only this year until school and Illinois phase guidelines deem it possible to meet in person.
September 12 “Out of the Box with Online Mini Presentations”
- Andrea Donahoe: Lessons Re-imagined (remote learning)
- Thom Borden: Virtual Participatory Storytelling
- Charissa Joy Duncan: Create Mirrors, Windows, and Sliding Glass Doors through Literature in the Music Classroom
- Mary-Lynn Doherty-Teaching in the Effective Domain: SEL and comprehensive musicianship.
October 10 – Christa Jones: Celebrating the Music and Culture of Your School’s Families (online workshop)
February 6 – Chapter Share-TBA
April 10 – Ben Torres– TBA
- September 7, 2019: Matt McCoy presents” From Beginning Steps to Leaps and Bounds: Recorder Pedagogy in the Orff Schulwerk Classroom”
- October 5th, 2019: Josh Southard presents “Orff Schulwerk: Children’s Literature in the Music Classroom”
- February 8, 2020: Chapter Share
- April 4, 2020: Meg Tietz presents “Planning Programs with Purpose”
- September 8th, 2018: Diana Hawley- “The Innovative Orff Classroom”
- October 6th, 2018: Cynthia Seputis- “Uketoberfest”
- February 2nd, 2019: Chapter Share
- April 6th, 2019: Lisa Sullivan- “Playing with Improvisation”
- The workshops for 2017-2018 are in the planning stages but here is what has been decided for the upcoming year thus far.
- October 14th, 2017 -Dr. Jui-Chang Wang- A “Musicking” Classroom: Singing, Playing, and Dancing around the World
- November 18th, 2017- TBA
- February 3rd, 2018- Chapter Share
- April 14th, 2018- Nick Wild- Session Title to be announced
- August 27 Betsy Kipperman, “Playing with Pieces.” *Special 3 Hour Presentation!*
- September 17 Doug Goodkin, “Orff for All Ages.” Special Co-Sponsored workshop with Greater Chicago! 9am-1pm, Concordia University for more details visit http://gcaosa.org/
- October 8 Peter Hinch, “Adventures in Movement.” Orff Moment: Sub Tub Demo and Make & Take
- FVOSC is hosting it’s Orff Store in October! It will feature a variety of ready-to-use items for your classroom!
- February 4 Chapter Share
- April 8 Mona Mann, “Sing and Play Through the Year”
- September 12 Paul Weller, “Assessment, Advocacy, and Accountability: Creating Independent Musicians through Elemental Music.” *Special 3 Hour Presentation!* Please consider joining us for lunch after the workshop and reading session at Al’s cafe and Creamery.
- October 3 Andrea Donahoe, “Making Cross-Curricular Connections in the Music Classroom”. Orff Moment: Make & Take, Centers Activities
- February 6 Chapter Share
- April 23 Rachel Aupperle, Movement and Dance for Lower and Upper Elementary”
- September 6- Sarah Guterman, “Treasure’s in Literature and Song: Old and New.” Orff Moment: A special Folk Dance Reading Session led by Sarah Guterman with materials available for purchase from West Music. Please consider joining us for lunch after the workshop and reading session at Al’s cafe and Creamery.
- October 4-Victoria Derybowski, “English Language Learners in the Music Classroom.” Orff Moment: New National Core Arts Standards
- February 7: Chapter Share
- April 11: Kate Webster, “Let’s Play!” Orff Moment: Pinterest Make-‘n-Take with Soup Lunch
- September 7th, 2013 : Andrew Ellingsen: “Orff Schulwerk and Kodály – Supportive Strands”. Orff Moment: Choral reading session with material that is teacher suggested. Reading packets are provided by J.W. Pepper.Please consider joining us for lunch after the workshop and reading session at Al’s cafe and Creamery.
- October 5th, 2013: Laura Petersen: “Visual Arts as Movement Inspiration.” Orff Moment: Volumes Reading Session
- February 1st, 2014: Chapter Share
- April 5th, 2014: Sue Keeble: “Drumming”Orff Moment: Folk Dances
- September 8– Marcie Kumor: “The Orff Process: One Month at
- a Time”
- October 6– Kristine Mertens: “Have Recorder, Will Travel”
- Feburary 2– Chapter Share
- April 6– Cyndee Giebler: “Everyday Improvisation, or Every Day…Improvisation!”
- September 7th, 2011– Brent and Ingrid Mullane- Growing A Curriculum With The Orff Approach
- October 1st, 2011– Manju Durairaj- “Moving On”
- February 4th, 2012– Chapter Share
- March 3rd, 2012– Jean Hersey- “Let the Children Be Their Own Musicians”